The Afterlife

Heyyyy!  Welcome!

If I could have guessed a year ago as to where I would be today, I would not have imagined this reality for myself.  I’ll soon be inevitably tunneling deep into the confines (or lack thereof) of all the things that make me buzz.  For now, here’s a quick glimpse of the most important and relevant aspects of where I’ve been, and where I’m at, along with a quick bonus peak at my horizon…

How quickly can one evolve?  Shall I count the ways?  **phew!**

**********

PAST: To confirm what my profile says, I am on the tail-end of going through the process of divorce.  The gist of it is that my ex and I have been growing apart and in different directions for quite a while.  The untangling has been…a lot, but I suppose that comes with the territory.  Although it’s not a lifetime, 17 years is still a helluva long time to be with one partner.  That means that EVERYTHING needs to be sorted, from feelings to bank accounts to keepsakes to coffee cups.  It’s mind bending, really and was even sometimes hard.  However, and though hard to believe, all of it's been amicable; the end result of a relationship built on patience, love, grace, respect, and honesty.  We have made every effort to remain friends throughout the process, and psssst! …it’s working. 

PRESENT: I am absolutely slaying my pent-up travel goals.  In the last 2 months I’ve been to Philly twice, the Poconos, Sydenham/Kingston/Toronto Ontario, the Inner Harbor of Baltimore, and most recently to Chicago where I spent a blissful couple of days exploring and getting my glow on.  The biggest adjustments I’ve been experiencing in this afterlife mostly center around me reminding myself how capable and competent I am in traversing without having to rely on another’s help.  It’s truly weird how much you think you have forgotten, but actually haven’t!

FUTURE: In fourteen days I leave for Maui, where I’ll be studying yoga alongside about 12 other people on Laulima Farm in Hana for three weeks.  To become a yoga teacher is a dream come true.  This trip to Maui is the main reason I started this blog – so that my peeps could keep track of me while I’m away from home for such an extended amount of time.  This transformation for me will be powerfully significant.  I can feel it.

Photo Cred: Laulima Farm

Additionally, and outside of yoga, I’ve already figured out a lot about the direction I'd like my next life to take.  Since it includes all my favorite things, I can almost guarantee that it will be quirky, emotional, and as profound a love story as you’ve ever heard. 

**********

If you’re here, please know that I love and appreciate you. 


I hope you’ll stay in touch and follow along 💓      

Xo – M.

Comments

Popular Posts